Officecart (Officecart.com) ( hereinafter reffered as “Officecart” “Officecart.com”) value the trust you place in us & is concerned about the privacy of its users (hereinafter referred to as "You" "Your" "Yourself") .
Last updated on December 18th, 2014
BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED FURTHER TO USE THIS WEBSITE.
- When you use our Website, we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
- For Business customers – We collect - Company ID, Pan , Tin, Vat Details
- In general, you can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website.
- We can automatically track certain information about you based upon your use on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
- We use data collection devices such as "Cookies" on certain pages of the Website to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a "cookies".
- Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your interests. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits.
- If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying.
- If you transact with us, we do not collect information, , a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date /net banking details – you will be transferred to a third party payment gateway provider .
- We only collect information such as a billing address , shipping address and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders/wire transfers.
- If you choose to post messages on our message areas, Q& A or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, for companies - Company ID, Pan , Tin, Vat Details from you when you set up a free account with us. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests.
2. Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information –
- to facilitate Your use of the Website;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various services;
- to provide You with information about Officecart.com products/services and to send You information, materials, and offers from Officecart.com;
- to send You important information regarding the Website, changes to Officecart.com’s terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that Officecart.com believes may be of interest to You;
- to personalize Your experience on the Website and Officecart other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to You;
- to help You address Your problems with the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- if You purchase any product or avail of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfill Your purchase, for example, to have Your payments processed, communicate with You regarding Your purchase and provide You with related customer service.
- to collect money for orders / Services ;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- to improve the services and advertising on the Website;
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
- and to detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Website. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
3. Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity.
4. Links to Other Sites
Our Website links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. Officecart & officecart.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
5. Security Precautions
Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
6. Unsubscribe -
We provide all users with the opportunity to Unsubscribe of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
If you want to remove your contact information from all officecart.com lists and newsletters, please visit my account page .
7. Advertisements on Officecart.com
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
8. Your Consent
You acknowledge that apart from Your Personal Information, if You upload any content on the Website, such content may contain information including Personal Information and the same may be available to the other users of the Website. Officecart.com will not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of such Personal Information to third parties.
Officecart does not disclose Personal Information to third parties in the normal course of operations. However, in situations when Officecart is legally obligated to disclose information to the government or other third parties, Officecart will do so.
Officecart strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, Officecart adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Officecart stores Your personal data.
Officecart , Officecart.com is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. The Website also linked to many other sites and we are not/shall be not responsible for their privacy policies or practices as it is beyond our control.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Officecart shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Officecart and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
9. Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr Harish Vatnani
8-2-120/77/5/A , Road no 2 ,
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034.
Phone: +91- 040-40126000
Time: Mon to Friday (9:00 to 18:00)